I was at an evangelism conference and mentioned a Prayer Survey that I’ve used to reach out to people doing a door-to-door survey about prayer. I used this in one church and a man in his seventies was sick and his wife had cancer. We prayed for him and followed up with him and he came to know Christ and I baptized him. He is still a committed member of that church.
I did not write or create this. If you know who came up with this idea, please let me know.
The survey is simple. Just greet the people at the door and identify who you are. Say that you are taking a short survey about prayer. Ask if you can ask them five questions. If yes,
1. Do you believe in the power of prayer.
2. Do you think that in these days people are praying more or less than they used to.
3. Do you believe churches should only pray for their members?
4. If yes, then say, “that’s interesting. our church does pray for other people. Can we pray for you?
5. Is there a specific need that you have?
Pray for them and then promise that your church will be praying for them.
Then a week or two later follow up and ask how things went. If possible steer conversation to the Gospel or invite them to church if not prepared to share the Gospel.
Make sure you do pray for the request. Make sure you get as much contact info as you can on the first visit. If you use this to success, please let me know.