Bible.com Taken Over by YouVersion, Ad Free Bible Reading
I’ve long loved the YouVersion Bible app on my iPad, iPhone, Android phone and Tablets. Now users can enjoy the same Bible online at Bible.com. What’s different from their other site, YouVersion.com? Nothing really, but the URL.
Single word domain names carry a lot of power for discovery and search. Google will show Bible.com above BibleStudy.com (not a real site right now) in their search ranks. So when a person has the whim and says, “I’m going to see if the Bible is online” they will search for it at Google and it will show YouVersion’s Bible.com ahead of some others.
The interface offers a clean Bible reading page that also lets users (list from their blog)…
- Read the Bible – most of the popular translations are available
- Study the Bible – in a limited way compared to more feature-rich sites like MyStudyBible.com or Biblia.com
- Subscribe to Reading Plans – they carry a tone of them
- Sync with the Bible App – they offer apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and others
- Enjoy the Bible in many languages – 140 and the site itself will display in 30 languages
I’ve said it many times. I want more from my Bible software or online Bible than what YouVersion offers. But most Christians don’t need all the bells and whistles of the more powerful and advanced sites like I do. If that’s you, check out Bible.com. YouVersion offers a great reading experience with some community and social features added.