WORDsearch dropped a bomb on the Bible Software world and announced new version 10 just in time for you to download before Christmas, either as a gift for yourself or for a friend/family member or colleague. I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet, but will very soon and most likely will offer a review of the program for my January or February Christian Computing Magazine column. I’ll also post here.
Until then, you can check out the page relating all the new goodness. I’ve heard from a friend at WORDsearch that some cool tools will be included and I can’t wait to try it out.
New features in WORDsearch 10 include:
- Program Options Assistant – helps you get the new software running the way you want at setup time
- Desktop Template – save your study interface for quick return that way you can set up new templates depending on whether you’re doing Greek study, Hebrew, or just reading
- Audible Pronunciation – speaks 20,000 words with a right click
- Share via Facebook & Twitter
- Sermon & Illustration Organizer
- Verse Explorer – the most exciting new feature finds all your reference material on a given passage
- Morph Explorer – quickly find morphology info
- Most Recently Used Book List
- User Font Override – change fonts of books
- Keep Your WORDsearch Up-To-Date – updates books for you
Of these above features, the Sermon & Illustration Organizer looks great. I hope it lives put to my expectations. The Verse Explorer will make using WORDsearch to study a passage so much easier.
Can’t wait to get my hands on it. I’ll let you know what I think. For only $29.95 you should be able to check it out yourself now. That’s a great price. I’m waiting till I can see some of the more advanced features.