Is Apple Ruining Bible Software: Theotek Podcast #087
It seems that Apple is moving away from macOS towards an iOS-centric future. If the iPhone and iPad replaces the Mac, what does that mean for the church, Bible software and companies that make tools and software to help the church and believers make disciples? That’s our discussion as we focused on the question, “Is Apple moving in that direction? If they are does that affect Windows, Mobile devices, and other platforms? What is the future of church software and technology in light of this possibility?”
The conversation began, however, with our Christmas tech toys. The gifts we got for Christmas included some fun things like the following:
- Michael Purcell – my son joined us for this episode and got the Surface Pro 4, Type cover and Surface Pen. He explains why he loves his.
- Wes Allen – ThinkGeek toys like the BB8 Waffle Maker and the R2D2 Coffee Press. He also got an Apple Pencil.
- LaRosa Johnson – one of LaRosa’s co-workers sold him the Blue Yeti mic.
- Antoine Wright – one of Antoine’s Kickstarter campaign investments actually came through in a positive way. He got the Lumos Bike Helmet.
- Kevin Purcell – I got myself a Kindle Fire with the gift card for Amazon that my wife bought me.
You can always listen to the Theotek Podcast using the built-in player below or subsribe to us in iTunes and leave comments if you like us. We’re also on other podcasting apps thanks to Stitcher Radio.