Live Streaming Your Church: Theotek Podcast #095
We do a live streaming podcast each week at Theotek Podcast so we thought we’d talk about whether a church should stream their services live each week. Then, we got into the best reasons to live stream and where to do it. Finally, we looked at the Mevo from LiveStream, which streams in high quality to Facebook Live and LiveStream. The company just announced a service which will live stream to YouTube as well.
Live Stream with Mevo
The Mevo camera that I mentioned in the podcast offers a great way to stream to Facebook Live and other services. The free version of the service only works with Facebook Live and LiveStream, but a paid service that costs $10/month just opened up. It streams to the following:
- Facebook Live
- YouTube Live
It claims to do this at the same time. I’ve not tried it out yet, so I can’t say how well it works streaming to all five sites. I have tested it on my Facebook page and it worked well considering I don’t yet fully get how to use the software.
The Mevo streaming app runs only on iOS right now. They may come out with an Android version.
Our Favorite Things
For our favorite things this week, I talked about the Mevo camera.
Just a few more details about the camera:
- Sony 4K Sensor.
- 12.4 Megapixels.
- 4K video resolution but streams at only 720p.
- 16:9 aspect ratio.
- 30fps streaming.
- H.264 codec.
- Dual analog mics with 65db signal to noise ratio.
- Streams audio in 8kHz to 192kHz at 8/10/12 bits.
- Inputs for audio via iPhone.
- Only works with iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi in either Access Point mode, which then streams through the iPhone or iPad’s LTE network connection or over Wi-Fi through your local network’s connection to the Internet.
- Bluetooth 4.0 used only for configuring the camera.
- Up to 1 hour battery life.
- 100Mbps over Ethernet if you get the Mevo Boost attachment which costs $249.99 and adds a USB charger and lifts the camera 6.18-inches and adds up to 10 hours of battery life.
There’s a bundle that buyers can get that includes the camera, the Mevo Boost and a case for carrying. It costs $699.97. You can get a $50 off coupon if you use this link.
BAGSMART Travel Universal Cable Organizer
Rick shared a slightly less expensive accessory. The BAGSMART Travel Universal Cable Organizer costs less than $19 and keeps all of your cables and adapters in order in a nice zipper pouch.